OpenDJ 2.6.0 brings a lot of added value, including :
- A REST to LDAP service, allowing an easy access to directory data using HTTP/JSON. The service can be run either embedded in the server or as a standalone web application.
- A new upgrade process to ease transition from OpenDJ 2.4.5 or newer to 2.6.
- New Linux native packages (RPM and Debian) to facilitate the automatic deployment of OpenDJ in the private and public cloud.
- OpenDJ can be configured to delegate authentication to a Microsoft Active Directory service, providing tighter integration with Microsoft environment without the burden of synchronizing passwords.
- An optional extension to remove specific attributes from updates, making it more flexible and easier to deal with legacy applications and migration tasks.
- A way to synchronize SAMBA password attributes with the user’s password.
- Some improvements on the integrity of references, that is now enforced at creation or on update.
- More flexible and efficient audit logs.
- A Java based LDAP software development kit.
For the complete list of new features, enhancements and fixed defects, please read the release notes.
The binaries can be downloaded from ForgeRock Downloads.
Over the course of the development of OpenDJ, we’ve received many contributions, in form of code, issues raised in our JIRA, documentation… We address our deepest thanks to all the contributors and developers :
Aiman Tahboub, Alan Evans, Arturo V Sanchez, Auke Schrijnen, Bernhard Thalmayr, Brent Palmer, Bruno Vernay, Chris Dowey, Chris Ridd, Christophe Sovant, Dan Gardner, Danny Turner, Darin Perusich, Donal Duane, Elliot Kendall, Eswar Moorthy, Fred Voss, Gael Allioux, Gary Williams, German Parente, Göran Odmyr, Ian McGlothlin, Jamie Nelson, Jean-Noël Rouvignac, Jeff Blaine, Jeffrey Crawford, Jens Elkner, Lana Frost, Laurent Bristiel, Ludovic Poitou, Manuel Gaupp, Manuel Schallar, Mark Craig, Mark Gibson, Marko Harjula, Martin Sperle, Matthew Stevenson, Matthew Swift, Miroslav Fadrhonc, Mitch Silverstein, Nemanja Lukić, Nicholas Sushkin , Nikolay Belaevski, Per-Olov Sjoholm, Peter Major, Rauli Ikonen, Sachiko Wallace, Slavomir Katuscak, Tomas Forsman, Vanessa Richie, Violette Roche, Willi Burmeister
Happy 4th of July everyone !
Filed under: Directory Services Tagged: directory, directory-server, ForgeRock, java, Json, ldap, opendj, opensource, release, REST